The Startup Cup, 7 v. 7 Tournament Rules:
1. EACH TEAM WILL HAVE 7 PLAYERS ON THE FIELD. 1 GOALIE AND 6 FIELD PLAYERS. EACH TEAM MAY HAVE A ROSTER OF UP TO 12 PEOPLE.
2. THERE IS OUT OF BOUNDS DESIGNATED BY THE APPROPRIATE LINES.
3. THERE ARE THROW-INS, CORNER KICKS, AND GOAL KICKS.
4. THE GOALIE CANNOT KICK OR THROW THE BALL IN THE AIR OVER MIDDLE BEFORE TOUCHING ANOTHER PLAYER OR UNLESS HE/SHE IS OUT OF THE BOX, IN WHICH CASE HE/SHE IS A FIELD PLAYER.
6. THE GAME WILL CONSIST OF FIFTEEN MINUTE HALVES, RUNNING TIME.
7. TIES ARE NOT ALLOWED. TIES WILL BE SETTLED BY PLAYING A 5 MINUTE SUDDEN DEATH OVERTIME, FOLLOWED BY PENALTY KICKS.
8. TEAMS WILL FORFEIT IF THEY ARE NOT READY TO PLAY 10 MINUTES AFTER SCHEDULED KICKOFF.
9. THE OFFICIAL GAMECLOCK ARE KEPT BY THE REFEREE AND DESIGNATED TIMEKEEPER.
10. A GAME MAY START WITHIN A MINIMUM 4 FIELD PLAYERS AND A GOALIE.
11. APPEALS CANNOT BE MADE ON THE BASIS OF A REFEREE CALL.
12. THERE ARE NO OFFSIDES.
13. NO SLIDE-TACKLING.
14. Please NO CLEATS. (We can't have some players wearing them and some not,
plus people are not required to wear shin guards)
You may bring cleats with you and if both teams agree to allow cleats on the pitch, then you may be allowed to wear them, but as the initial rule was NO CLEATS, several teams have expressed concern with people playing with cleats. Please be prepared to wear regular sneakers.
15. A RED CARD ISSUED MEANS THE PLAYER IN VIOLATION CANNOT PLAY THE REMAINDER OF THE CURRENT GAME AND IS SUSPENDED FROM THE NEXT SCHEDULED GAME. 2 RED CARDS ISSUED TO THE SAME PLAYER MEANS THAT THE PLAYER IS SUSPENDED FROM THE REST OF THE TOURNAMENT.
16. ALL OTHER RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE GAME OF SOCCER ACCORDING TO F.I.F.A. AND RULES MAY BE CHANGED OR MODIFIED FURTHER BY THE EVENT DIRECTOR.